blessed be your name

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Hillsong Friday

This Time Last Week,

Well Friday was the last day of a wonderful week which had many highlights. Today’s Worship Breakout was led by Reuben Morgan who just spoke for the 45 mins. You know his song “ Lord I Give You My Heart”? He was so beautiful, quiet and humble. You know, that’s is one thing that struck me all week. These people were world class leaders but were so approachable and “ordinary” It was all about Jesus.
Reuben’s topic was “When Small Doesn’t Stay Small.” He encouraged us to start and build line on line. I mean that goes for anything that we do. He spoke about habits which we do daily and can make or break us. Three that build us are -
1.Honour. “I want to be bound to the fruit of an honourable life”
To honour your future life , mind your habits.
2. Identity. Cultivate a “God” identity and see where you end up.
3.Surrender.Get strength in worship and silence. Surrender and receive from Him.

The opposites that pull us down are
1.Neglect. 1 Sam ch 3 Eli’s sons
1 Sam 8 v6-10 Israelites neglected God and wanted a king.
2.Comparison. Don’t compare yourself and try to be someone else. Be good at being yourself.
3.Control.1 Sam 13 vs. 10-14.Wait for God. Give up control and cultivate surrender.

The evening session was a "Celebration and Anointing” service . There was no speaker.
As in all nights Hillsong United and Darlene started and led the rejoicing. Lots of dancing and celebrating. Then Brooke Fraser sang from Hillsong’s (not United’s )new CD, the title track

“Saviour King”

And now the weak say I have strength
By the Spirit of power that raised Christ from the dead
And now the poor stand and confess
That my portion is You and I'm more blessed

Pre-chorus
Let now our hearts burn with a flame
A fire consuming all for your Son's holy Name
And with the heavens we declare
You are our King

Chorus
We love you Lord, we worship You
You are our God, You alone are good

You asked your Son to carry this
The heavy cross our weight of sin

I love you Lord, I worship You
Hope which was lost, now stands renewed
I give my life to honour this
The love of Christ, the Saviour king

Verse 2
Let now your Church shine as the Bride
That You soar in Your heart as You offered up Your life
Let now the lost be welcomed home
By the saved and redeemed those adopted as Your own

I give my life to honour this
The love of Christ, the Saviour King.

This was an on your knees “facedown” moment. It was holy and awesome.
After this there was an anointing where everyone was anointed with oil representing the Holy Spirit.

Steven CC then led "Here I am to Worship," which again was very reverent and another on your knees moment.Then Israel and SCC sang " How Great is Our God" with Chris Tomlin at the front worshipping. Still an awe of God moment!!!

Israel came on and finished the evening with songs of rejoicing. From the front of the arena glitter started to fall from the ceiling and gradually it moved to the back until the place looked like it was in a snow storm of glitter. The place erupted in dancing and rejoicing. Louie and the “Bishop” spoke a message from the screen about going out from there and that was a great finale to a wonderful week with God’s people celebrating Him in our midst.

.

7 Comments:

  • At 2:32 PM, Blogger A Captured Reflection said…

    Hi Gail. I can't find your email addy to email you about putting pics on the blog - do you mean the pics I put on each post or all the sidebar thingies btw?

    Could I ask a prayer favour please? I have a dear christian friend, she has 2 lovely girls aged 5 and 3 and is 6 months pregnant with #3. Her Christian hubby has some struggles and keeps walking out on her, then coming back and it's taking it's toll on all of them. They've been married about 18 years, so a long history, but this is so very sad to see and hear about.

     
  • At 8:36 PM, Blogger Masked Rabbit said…

    HI Gail,

    Thanks for your comment on my latest post. I've responded on there. Wow this time with Hillsong you had sounds awesome. Wish I could have been there.

     
  • At 8:49 AM, Blogger A Captured Reflection said…

    Hi Gail, did my email help at all for adding pics? Lovely sunny day here in Aucks...what's the weather like there in Melbourne?

     
  • At 9:21 PM, Blogger Mrs. D said…

    Hi Gail! Good to be back....

    Hope all is well with you and your family.

    Love,
    Jen

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger A Captured Reflection said…

    Oh Jennifer - if you look in again...would love to say hi to you!!! Gail, please pass on my love and best wishes to Jen.

     
  • At 8:16 PM, Blogger Carolanne said…

    Sounds awesome.
    Thanks for sharing all that you could and I'm so glad you were able to be there and be part of it.

     
  • At 7:32 PM, Blogger AngelConradie said…

    marvellous! i'd love to attend one of these seminar thingies...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home