blessed be your name

Thursday, October 05, 2006

BEING LIKE JESUS.

"Very often we distance ourselves from Jesus. We say, " What Jesus knew we cannot know, and what Jesus did we cannot do. " But Jesus never puts any distance between Himself and us. He says, " I call you friends, because I have made known to you everything I have learnt from my Father." ( John 15:15 ) and " In all truth I tell you, whoever believes in Me will perform the same works as I do myself , and will perform greater works" ( John 14:12 ).

Indeed we are called to know what Jesus knew and do what Jesus did. Do we really want that, or do we prefer to keep Jesus at arm's length? "

Henri Nouwen.

I pray that each of you who read this will have had a life changing encounter with Jesus, the risen Son of God. Please do not keep Jesus at arms length. He spread out His arms on a tree and died so that you can have a relationship with your Heavenly Father because of His sacrificial death.

If you have never had a relationship with Jesus why not ask Him to come into you life by the power of His Spirit ? If you have lost your first love please don't keep Him at arms length. Come back into His loving arms today. Then He will enable you to do these works that He speaks about, in His name.

11 Comments:

  • At 5:00 PM, Blogger Carolanne said…

    I know I'm going to have to start reading a book by Henri Nouwen - so many have mentioned him. Any suggestions for the one I should start with?
    (By the way, I'm back - will email you ..... soon. )

     
  • At 12:29 AM, Blogger Brigitte said…

    Oh Amen!! Dont keep him at arms length - but wrap yourself in His arms!! The best and only place to be...

     
  • At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Gail,
    I agree with Carolanne, you've mentioned Henri Nouwen so often, I feel I must read atleast one of his books. Any recommendations?

     
  • At 8:46 PM, Blogger gail said…

    Hi Carloanne and Bunnygirl, good to hear form both of you again.I love Henri's "Inner Voice of Love".
    It is a journal that he wrote when he had a breakdown and spent about 9 months in a retreat having spiritual direction and counselling.Another good book is
    " Beauty of the Beloved" an anthology of his writings.Most Catholic bookshops have a good range of his books if the Christian ones don't stock them.

    Hi Spookie,I'll have to continue to e-mail you as I still can't comment on your blog. Thanks for visiting again. It's good to have you here!!!

     
  • At 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Gail,
    Was looking at Amazon for Henri's books and saw some interesting titles. Hope to get one at some stage and have a read.
    Thanks for your posts, they continue to encourage and provoke thought.

     
  • At 6:03 AM, Blogger Kimmer said…

    Gail,
    thanks for the thought provoking post and passage. How good to be reminded that He does not want us to be at arms length, but rather in His arms so He can finish the good work He began in us :)
    blessings Gail~
    Kimmer

     
  • At 7:30 AM, Blogger Mrs. D said…

    Hi Gail,

    Sorry I have been out of touch lately. I think of you often and am praying God's best for you.

    Love,
    Jennifer

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger Sunny said…

    Hey Blue! I have bookmarked your blog and will visit you often!

    Higgie just volunteered to proofread my book when it's done. Bless her! Wouldn't that be amazing if it actually got published?

    Carolanne, I was really blessed by The Beloved. It's a wonderful book.

     
  • At 8:51 PM, Blogger gail said…

    Hi Kimmer, Jennifer and Sunny. It is good to see you around here.

     
  • At 1:23 AM, Blogger Zanne said…

    Only when we surrender ourselves into the arms of God can we experience complete rest and real peace.
    I had a beautiful picture of my baby daughter resting in her father's arms, she was so relaxed and confident in her father's secure arms, it was such a strong picture to me of what God wants us to be in Him.
    Just visiting from Belgium ;-)

     
  • At 4:43 AM, Blogger Sunny said…

    Blue, you have a very cool international blog going on here. it's so neat to see how God is working everywhere, kind of gets us out of our "own little world" syndrome. I will check in often to hear about how God is working globally!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home