blessed be your name

Sunday, August 13, 2006

THE UNQUENCHABLE WORSHIPPER.

" Enter, the unquenchable worshipper. This world is full of fragile loves - love that abandons, love that fades, love that is self seeking. But the unquenchable worshipper is different. From a heart so amazed by God and His wonders, burns a love that will not be extinguished. It survives any situation and lives through any circumstance. It will not allow itself to be quenched, for that would heap insult on the love it lives in response to.

These worshippers gather beneath the shadow of the cross, where an undying devotion took the Son of God to His death. Alive now in the power of His ressurection, they respond to such an out puoring with an unquenshable offering of their own."


MATT REDMAN.


I long to be an " unquenchable worshipper". A number of years ago while living in England for a spell, I had the opportunity to attend a five day conference. On one of the nights the speaker spoke from Isaiah 6 vs 1-8 and the talk was called "Do You Know the Holy One". That night changed my life. I caught a glimpse of the glory of God and was transfixed in "facedown " worship. Most people could not sit or stand but were on their knees or faces before our holy God.

Since then I have been through a long battle with ill health. What has kept me going is my relationship with Jesus. He has so captured my heart with His love for me that I cannot live without Him. My love for Him burns deeper as I am drawn closer to Him in worship. He has sustained me.

I have found over the years that as I worship Him, He draws me close. My relationship with Him grows deeper and I want to worship Him all the more. I want for the rest of my life to be an "unquenchable worshipper".

18 Comments:

  • At 3:14 AM, Blogger Masked Rabbit said…

    Hey there Blue,

    I'm sorry you are battling with ill health. I did not realise this. Needless to say, I truly hope you begin to see improvements in your condition, I really do.

    You mention your desire to be an unquenchable worshipper. That is amazing. Your post has been about worship which seems to be a commom theme in our ladies blogging community at the moment.I spent some time today looking up worship in the bible and what it means to worship God. To marvel at Him, His nature and what He has done.
    I hope I can become one too one day.
    Keep on keeping on Blue!

     
  • At 3:18 AM, Blogger Masked Rabbit said…

    Btw, did you still want to email me? The email address is on my profile

     
  • At 7:48 AM, Blogger Mrs. D said…

    Gail,

    I did not realize that you were in ill-health. I will pray for you for that as well.

    This post is amazing. I want to be an unquenchable worshiper, too. I can remember one Sunday when I was visiting a new church. The pastor said that he will know when the presence of God had come into our midst because we and he as well would be lying face down on the floor crying out, "Holy! Holy! Holy!"

    This post reminds me of that. Beautiful.

    His,
    Jennifer

     
  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger zephaniah3:17 said…

    Oh how I long to see God in all his splendor. And someday, by His grace, I will! Until then, the closest we can come to glimpsing His holiness is through worship.

    Thanks for the reminder, Gail, that it is these glimpses which fuel the unquenchable, undying flame of devotion to Him.

    Praying for you,
    Lisa

     
  • At 12:49 PM, Blogger gail said…

    Hi girls, thanks for your concern. It's nothing that's going to be healed in the near future(unless God acts sovreignly) but I will e-mail you about things.
    It may take me a little while to do so but hang on!!!
    Love Blue

     
  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger Kimmer said…

    Hi Gail,
    Such a wonderful post! and yes I love the quote 'From a heart so amazed by God and His wonders, burns a love that will not be extinguished.' Yes I agree and have been finding in my life too that the closer and deeper I draw to Him, the more I want to worship Him as well.
    thanks for a wonderful post Blue
    blessings friend~
    Kimmer :)

     
  • At 5:13 PM, Blogger Brigitte said…

    What a wonderful post - I have mulling over a worship post this past weekend too!! It is wonderful how the Lord puts the same things in our hearts.

    I am so sorry you have been feeling ill - I pray you will be better soon, and that Gods order will be restored to your body.

     
  • At 8:26 AM, Blogger Sunny said…

    Hey, Blue -- nice post! Hope you are feeling top o' the mornin' today!

     
  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger Mrs. D said…

    Hi Gail,

    Yes, please do email me about things! I miss hearing from you...but I understand being busy and unable to right away. Since school started, I have been running here and there and just exhausted at the end of my work day.

    His,
    Jennifer

     
  • At 11:56 AM, Blogger Liz said…

    Gail i love it!! you are not well??? kidney stones perhaps?? kidden` so whats up How can I pray? will you be ok?

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger zephaniah3:17 said…

    I'm praying for you tonight, Gail. You are loved.

    Lisa

     
  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger Kimmer said…

    hugs & Jesus to you Gail!
    love ya
    Kimmer :)

     
  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger zephaniah3:17 said…

    Gail,
    We love a kind and merciful God! I'm praising him for you and for the power of prayer.

    Love,
    Lisa

     
  • At 6:19 AM, Blogger Sunny said…

    What's up, Blue? ohhh yeah, you're probably asleep by now!

    Sorry I had to abandon you last night but I couldn't keep my eyes open!

    Stop by later . . .

    ;D

     
  • At 6:13 AM, Blogger AngelConradie said…

    i know that feeling gail... a very touching post, thank you!

     
  • At 12:50 AM, Blogger FanofGOD said…

    Hey Gail
    Chris was singing Shout to the Lord!It was ana amazing time of worship.Chris did not even really sing any of the song he just let the people sing it out and Chris was just on hi knees before God!It was really cool!

     
  • At 11:13 AM, Blogger gail said…

    Thanks Mark and FoG.

     
  • At 4:52 AM, Blogger Masked Rabbit said…

    Hey Blue,

    How are you honey?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home