blessed be your name

Sunday, August 06, 2006

PRAISE YOU IN THE STORM.>

By Mark Hall and Bernie Herms.


I was sure by now, God You would have reached down
and wiped our tears away,
stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say amen
and it's still raining
as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away.

Chorus:
And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry to You
and raised me up again
my strength is almost gone how can I carry on
if I can't find You
and as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away

Chorus

I lift my eyes unto the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth
I lift my eyes unto the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth




Jesus Calms the Storm. Luke 8:22.

One day Jesus said to his disciples "Let us go over to the other side of the lake." So they got into a boat and set out. As they sailed, He fell asleep. A squall came down on the lake, so that the boat was being swamped, and they were in great danger.

The disciples went and woke Him, saying, "Master, Master, we're going to drown!"

He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided and all was calm.




19 Comments:

  • At 6:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    i love this song. it always encourages me and always makes me feel safe and at peace. the christian radio station here in nz plays it lots, usually in the morning, which is JUST when i need to hear it! i praise God in teh morn, my storm! i love jesus!

     
  • At 11:46 PM, Blogger Mrs. D said…

    Hi Gail...I was just popping by to say hi and I see that you have a new post! I will have to give it my full attention after worhship today.

    Have a blessed day!
    Jennifer

     
  • At 4:54 AM, Blogger Ferby said…

    Hi Gail

    Trust you are getting blessed as you read my experience in "the pit".

    I read a fascinating insight about the two storms that are recorded in the gospels in Johannes Facius book "God can do it without me".

    One was with Jesus in the boat with His disciples and in response to their pleas calmed the storm.
    But the next time the disciples are alone in the boat fighting off the storm. Suddenly they see the Lord walking on the sea.
    He doesn't calm the storm this time, but shows that we can reach a point in our lives with God that we can triumph over life's storms and troubles.
    Not exempted from them but right in the middle of them.

     
  • At 5:02 AM, Blogger A Captured Reflection said…

    Great Gail. We've had a storm going on weather wise all weekend, and my tired eyes appreciated this, this morning. I am sleep deprived by Master 5 and Miss 3 who don't seem at all well today. Need more ZZZZZ's today.

     
  • At 12:49 PM, Blogger Sunny said…

    Thanks for the post, Blue. I think Bernie Herms is Natalie Grant's husband . . . but I'm not sure.

    Nice lyrics!!

    :D

     
  • At 4:57 PM, Blogger Brigitte said…

    Beautiful. Just beautiful...

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger Mrs. D said…

    Hi Gail,

    I am praying for you. Hang in there!

    His,
    Jennifer

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger Kimmer said…

    Hi Blue,
    still a great song, yes? great lyrics those are. Jesus to you Gail
    blessings~
    Kimmer :)

     
  • At 5:08 PM, Blogger Masked Rabbit said…

    Wow Gail, I can relate to that, being in the storm. Thank you for posting such a wonderful song.
    Love B

     
  • At 8:29 PM, Blogger gail said…

    Thanks everyone for visitng and for your encouragment and prayers.

    Welcome Ferby!!!

    Love Gail/Blue

     
  • At 6:19 AM, Blogger Masked Rabbit said…

    Hi Blue,
    How are you doing?
    X

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger A Captured Reflection said…

    Hi Gail,

    You've not visited me in a while...everything OK?

     
  • At 2:56 AM, Blogger Masked Rabbit said…

    Gail, please feel free to email me.

     
  • At 11:17 PM, Blogger zephaniah3:17 said…

    Hi Gail!

    I'm sorry you can't view the video on Louie's blog. There is a little clip at the end of Matt R. talking! Try a different browser, you might have more luck.

    BTW, I love the song in your post. It was inspired by a family in which the young daughter struggled with cancer and finally passed away. But through it all, the parents praised the One who now holds their daughter close.

    The lyrics are powerful, and the story behind them even more powerful. Mark Hall writes such prophetic songs to challenge the church.

    Love,
    Lisa

     
  • At 11:54 PM, Blogger zephaniah3:17 said…

    So glad you got to hear You Never Let Go on the radio down in Oz!!!

    It's been doing pretty well on the radio here as well, especially considering that Matt has so little wide-spread recognition among Christian music fans in the US. Most people don't even know that he wrote Blessed Be Your Name, for instance.

    Air1 is a big Christian music radio network here (they have stations all over the country), and You Never Let Go has been their #1 song for the past two weeks. It's a tremendous song that hopefully will result in more people checking out Matt's other CDs and books!

    Praying you're well,
    Lisa

     
  • At 4:52 AM, Blogger zephaniah3:17 said…

    Oh...and I posted a response on Sunny's blog regarding your search for the interactive Christian concerts map.

     
  • At 9:11 AM, Blogger Liz said…

    Hi Gail,
    sorry for not being around..the Kstones are fine and gone I hope! thanks for asking.

    How are you??

     
  • At 6:26 AM, Blogger Ally said…

    I love the song and never heard of it before. I can really identify at the moment with it... I also passed it on to a good friend who is going through a hard time.

    thanks for sharing it!

     
  • At 11:56 AM, Blogger XclusivelyHisOwn said…

    Hi Gail, its so good to see your post! Thanks for sharing the lyrics to that song. It helped me lots while I was going thru a rough patch 2 months ago.

    Good to see you back !

     

Post a Comment

<< Home