blessed be your name

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Hosanna .

I see the King of glory
Coming down the clouds with fire
The whole earth shakes, the whole earth shakes
I see His love and mercy
Washing over all our sin
The people sing, the people sing

Chorus
Hosanna, Hosanna
Hosanna in the Highest


I see a generation
Rising up to take the place
With selfless faith, with selfless faith
I see a new revival
Starting as we pray and seek
We're on our knees, we're on our knees

Bridge
Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like You have loved me
Break my heart for what is Yours
Everything I am for Your kingdom's cause
As I walk from earth into eternity.


by Brooke Fraser .


It is wonderful to see "this " generation that Brooke is writing about ,the "X" and "Y" gen being sold out for Jesus but I want to see all the generations living lives that glorify Jesus. He is the One who left heaven to show us what the God of all creation, our Father was like. He died on a cross, sheding His blood, to enable us to have a relationship with the Father and He rose again , conquering death and is the Saviour of the whole world. He is ruling in majesty at the right hand of God the Father right now.

Does that cause you to go "Wow !!!"? It does me.
I want my life, however many years I have left, to bring glory to Him.I may not be able to do very much but I can praise and worship Him. Hosanna !!!
"Hosanna in the highest!" means, "Let all the angels in heaven join the song of praise. Salvation! Salvation! Let the highest heaven sing the song!" John Piper. Lets all join with the angels and sing Hosanna in praise and worship to the exalted King of Glory, the Lord Jesus.

11 Comments:

  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger Sunny said…

    blue, i just love what you wrote here. beautiful!

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger Liz said…

    Gail, howdy!!! Love this song.. and so true. I actually just got Live, Savior King dvd. soo good. and Brooke sings and talks about this song. She was inspired from mark11:9 which says those who went beforeand those who followed after cried out.. Hosanna in the higest.

    that word is an old hebrew word meaning a cry of praise.. that it has been sung for thousands of years of people before us and will be sung for many years after us. The eternal cry of praise which will be lifted up into all eternity.


    so cool!! thanks Gail, I want to learn how to play on guitar.

     
  • At 12:07 AM, Blogger Jacoline said…

    Blue, I love that song! It's an amazing song!!

     
  • At 12:21 PM, Blogger Liz said…

    Hi Blue how are you???

     
  • At 3:30 AM, Blogger Brigitte said…

    Yes! I want my life to glorfy him too!! A living worship offering.

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Kimmer said…

    a beautiful song from the heart that longs to please God in all they do.....
    beautiful!

     
  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger AngelConradie said…

    i couldn't agree more gail...

     
  • At 3:23 AM, Blogger Brigitte said…

    Hello my friend. I am thinking of you. Hope you are doing ok.
    love you!!

     
  • At 6:11 AM, Blogger A Captured Reflection said…

    Thinking of you Gail :-)

     
  • At 9:43 PM, Blogger gail said…

    Hi girls, I've been a very slack blogger recently but I do appreciate you all calling in.

     
  • At 10:32 PM, Blogger Sassiekiwi said…

    Hi Gail

    Thanks for this ... I really liked your line about all generations ... I was in a service in the States and the big emphasis was on how God wanted to use the younger generation etc. Having been around a few years now, I was saddened because in a way it sent a message that if you weren't that generation, God was not moving! God wants to reach all generations ... and he will use ALL generations to do this ...

    Hope you are doing okay chickie ...

    Love Sassiekiwi

     

Post a Comment

<< Home